- Slanted Tweezers by Tweezerman http://www.tweezerman.com/
- Clear Brow Gel - I really like MAC Clear Brow Gel as it stays put and no smell
- 2 Brow Pencils- 2 Shades lighter than your hair color. Darker to sketch in brow hair, and lighter one to fill in the brows for a natural sculpted look.
- Beauty Scissors- Use to trim long unruly hair- comb hair up and cut off extra long hairs.
- Hot water with a cotton face towel- This helps to open the bulb of the hair root, making tweezing easy breezy and pain free.
- For sensitive skin when tweezing, apply baby Oragel and wait 2 minutes before applying.
- WhichHazel to disinfect and close the pores after tweezing- Great to preclean your tweezers also.
- Brow Comb -Spinnel Brush
- White eye liner to sketch out unwanted hair and give you an initial shape to tweeze unwanted hair away. Its your road map with clear visible direction.
Blond: Use a Taupe Color with a cool undertone, warm undertones may turn red or orange on your face once it oxidizes on your skin.
Brown Hair: Use a warm brown, not cool as it can make your skin look green or sallow. Try 2 shades lighter than your hair color.
Black Hair: Use a combination of cool and warm shades to create balance in color. Usually one color would suffice. DONT do a black shade, its too heave and way too dramatic.
What do I think about stencils- If you go to the trouble of buying or needing a stencil- DONT! Leave the shaping and instruction to a real expert.
The Final Checklist: Dos and Don'ts
Lets begin with the BIG NO NO's and then what can can do!
- Never tweeze with out a plan, make your ideal shape first with your white pencil.
- Never tweeze into the basic eyebrow itself. Tweeze only stray hair.
- Avoid eye liners as brow pencils, they contain too much oils. Eye brows already produce oil as it is a hair.
- Dont remove more than 1 hair at a time-
- Play it safe- sanitize your hands and tools.
- Do plan first before you tweeze, stop and take a look your balance and symmetry of your shape.
- Use excellent lighting- Day light is the best.
- USe finishing gel before powder to set and forget the shade on your eye brow.